Thursday 12 March 2015

Welcome Home Baby Benjamin!





          So it’s been a month since baby Benjamin was born, about how long it’s been since I’ve updated my blog.  The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. Having a baby is like nothing I’ve ever experienced before, to put it lightly, nothing prepares you for this! The emotional roller-coaster is terrifying and amazing all at once. You experience this wide range of emotions that always come back to love, love like you’ve never understood or felt it before. Everything that mattered to you before; like the shelves I wanted for the nursery or the perfect diaper bag, doesn't matter anymore because all you want is for your baby to be happy and healthy.
            Benjamin had a few complications before we were able to leave the hospital, making our first days with him incredibly hard. All we wanted during that time was to help our baby get better.  I felt like I could and would do what ever it took to make him better. Overwhelmed with fear, combined with a lack of sleep, made those first days a blur. We just needed to hear that he was stable and ready to go home. 


            Now that Benjamin is home, our lives are completely different. We now run on what I like to call “baby time.” We don’t really need alarms anymore and our days are truly 24 hours long. Everything we do depends on his feeding and sleep schedules, squeezing in time for our own personal hygiene and meals. This was something I heard from other parents but never really believed until I experienced it.
            My husband has been so supportive and helpful the whole time, he truly is my partner in this. Now that he’s gone back to work, Benjamin and I are spending our days together. While we do not have any real routine yet, I am learning to embrace the fact that our days have no fixed schedule. I’m trying my best to ‘go-with-the-flow’, something that is a bit of a challenge for me.
            Benjamin has brought such love into our home and we are so excited to watch him learn and change with each new day.    

        



1 comment:

  1. Look at you fancy pants, you actually had some time to put thoughts to paper!! xo

    ReplyDelete